I often travel and work on location for 2-3 months at a time. When I do travel it can be challenging to stay healthy and establish new routines.
Below I have outlined a few ideas when traveling for work.
- Find a trail close by your hotel / living quarters that you can go for a daily walk or bike ride (rent a bike if possible).
- Consider joining a local gym for one or more months. I’ve done this several times even when the local gym doesn’t typically offer short-term deals I managed to negotiate a deal.
- Consider doing a group work out (yoga / strength training etc) at a near by studio. There are several apps that often have classes based on your location. One of my favorite is MindBody or ClassPass.
- Do yoga or push ups in your hotel room using a youtube channel or other streaming service.
- Go see a chiropractor and/or get a massage.
- Have Factor meals sent to your hotel room and eat healthy.
- Research to see if there are any hiking trails close by. Consider making a goal to go once a week.
- Go to the grocery store and stock up on healthy snacks/drinks (low sugar / low carb).
- Meditate daily or three times a week. Consider using Headspace or Waking Up.
- Look for a local church you can attend once a week.