Whenever I work as a Line Producer or UPM one of the things I try and avoid is dealing with actual physical paperwork. In general I have found that while I know how to sign a .pdf…. 90% of people don’t. Yes I can teach people how to sign a pdf, however when you are having to deal with hundreds of signatures who really has the time to educate people or wait for them to sign that document you sent two weeks ago. Hellosign and Hellotim are two amazing services that can help bring your production into the digital age.
Tool #1: Hellosign
Hellosign promises to be an easy-to-use cloud based software that allows you to sign documents with ease.
- Collect info and signatures for Cast (deals, w9s and misc documents)
- Collect info and signatures for Crew
- Get location contracts signed
- Give access to multiple team members to control who receives paperwork
- Create templates that speed up the process and can be used over and over again
- Fill out and sign applications or signatory information
Tool #2: Hellotim
While I haven’t personally used TIM I honestly love the concept and plan to dive into the software at some point.
TiM makes digital onboarding easy, intuitive and secure by streamlining and centralizing all required tasks. Let TiM handle digital onboarding while the Studio/Production Company continues to focus on bringing creative content to an ever-expanding market.
For UPMs and accountants, TiM makes the process of tracking and approving startwork effortless and efficient by decreasing human error and enabling electronic approval from any device. TiM saves time, paper, and the production money.
***One thing to note is that TIM is designed specifically for Film/TV and even integrates with payroll companies***